What Are Friends For Reviews
reviews were submitted to "Katra" when this story first appeared in
- Jeannie Morwick:
- I thoroughly enjoyed What Are Friends For.
- Charles Thompson Jr.:
- What Are Friends For? is delightful, and also breaks Saavik
out of the humourless shell I've seen her put into (by pro writers). Uhura also
comes across as a reflection of the self-assured woman seen on the TV series.
Neither characters are Mary-Sues. Bravo!
- Gar Chen:
- The best story in the zine: What Are Friends For? I always
enjoy reading about Saavik and Uhura.
- Gamin Davis:
- I do like What Are Friends For?. Though I'm not a big fan of
Saavik or Uhura, it had a feel to it, reminding me of how Spock and Kirk's
relationship must have started out.
- Helen Sargeant:
- Also enjoyable was What Are Friends For?, dealing as it does
with the beginnings of a friendship between two of the most interesting women
about the Enterprise, Uhura & Saavik. I liked the exploration of
their personalities, both strong and independent, but different on account of
background, age, and race (species?).
- John Tipper:
- What Are Friends For? finished this zine on a high note for
reviews were submitted to fanfiction.net.)
- Catherine E. Grant:
- This is a beautiful story. Keep writing, especially about Saavik.
We need to know more about her! Thank you for this story. It's really
- John Westcott:
- This was an interesting and well written story. My favorite line had to be "God bless Vulcan hearing!" lol. A great insight into a rarely seen (IMO) Trek character. I enjoyed it completely. :)
- Broken Infinity:
- Very cool, I liked that. Very nice (I'm running out of adjectives)! Very good!
reviews were submitted to here.)
- Hey, this is something I haven't seen before. I like it. I love the image of Saavik fighting with her skirt swirling around her legs.
- I really like the interaction between Uhura and Saavik. It's nice to see two strong women characters that can defend themselves. Great story and the stargazing was a nice, poignant touch.