- wow really good. I hope you write more on this.perhaps a sequal?
- Lovely story!
- Happy sigh. I liked this. It was very good and I think you captured
everything perfectly. First, all the great humor: “Ha ha. Wait,
I underestimated how funny you are, I have another laugh in me.
Ha.” and “Yes, Doctor. I am well aware of it.” -- I can so hear
Spock saying this! -- and "We’ve put in a double sized bunk.”
He winked. The chief’s eyes bulged, but Spock merely nodded. -- I
can just see the looks on their faces!!!!! And that McCoy gets
the camera and has his heart stop over Ko-Kan leaning over Setik.
Second, I like your interpretation of Uhura. It’s a lot like the
books and not as much like the television show. She’s much more
three-dimensional. But most of all, I like the tenderness and
insight into Spock and Saavik as new parents. Such as Saavik saying
in her speech, "How you can so inherently trust me.” That is a
great line, especially b/c Saavik’s trust is so hard to earn.
And as Spock and Saavik talk to McCoy about being the godfather:
"Those few, simple words belayed how deep an ache losing Amanda
caused." Amanda would have been overjoyed by all this.
Sigh. I miss her. The whole section of Saavik and Spock's words
to baby Setik made me teary-eyed. Great Job!
- I LOVED your story! Absolutely perfect! Great humor, true to
the characters, it's warm and tender, and I loved the relationship
of the new parents. You've always got good ideas, with an innate
knack to capture them.
- This is beautiful... joy and anxiety, and this clever little
thread of humor woven throughout. I loved McCoy's line about underestimating
how funny he thought Uhura was, and their escapade with the camera.
I can just picture the giant sehlat looming over this tiny little
- Just wanted to tell you how in awe I am
of your fanfictions. Your characterizations are realistic and
well thought out. I particularly enjoyed your Saavik/Spock story
as Saavik is my favorite character. What other parts did I like?
All of it ::grins::. Seriously I loved the Doc (he's also one
of my favs); some of his comments were so amusing. I really enjoyed
Sa/S interaction and the camera was so sweet but in a Vulcan way.
::paces impatiently:: when ya gonna write your other stories!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for more of your work, how about a story leading up
to VH or continuing this one?
- That was so sweet! Very enjoyable. Thanks.
- Great job on this. Tremendous character
development and a well-crafted image that is often so hard to
do in a short story.
- Beautiful! Any mother would be moved by
this wonderfully touching scene! Awesome job.
Polgara la Fae:
- Another great one from you! thanks a lot.
Really sweet- especially Setik's blue eyes. Wonderful job.
- I loved Son of Spock. Your writing draws the characters so well I can
hear and see them while I read. Saavik's feelings of rejection, etc and her
son's unconditional acceptance and love. The loyalty and devotion between
Spock and Saavik, it's all there, and more.
- OMG!!!! That was awesome!!! Very sweet!!!
Hey, have you written a fanfic about Spock's wedding??? Great Job!!!
- This is just as beautiful every time I read it as the first time, Kerry!
- I thought this was beautiful and very well written. With so much terrible fanfics out there, it is a real pleasure to read a good one. Keep 'em coming!
- Wow. I'm not usually a fan of the Spock/Saavik pairing, but this is *really* good. Kudos to you for keeping everyone in character!
- Wow, this is gorgeous and sweet and happy and funny.... I really like your
depiction of Spock and Saavik and Setik as a family. There's both the famed Vulcan
reserve and also the love, and somehow neither makes the other less apparent. And McCoy,
wonderful fellow that he is, is in his element. I laughed out loud when he was jumping up
and down yelling, "She's pregnant! She's pregnant!" and I liked his idea of a baby-present
urge every seven years. Ahhh...this just gives me warm happy feelings!
- I'm usually not a fan of these kinda personal fics, but this one. Hilarious while very touching. Great work, a MUST READ for every fan of Vulcans...